Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad....We miss you

Today would have been my dad's 68th Birthday. Today I visited the urn garden where we laid him to rest only 6 months ago. I can't believe it's really been that long. It seems like just yesterday.


It's been hard, alot harder than I thought. Sometimes I see a picture of him and just laugh. Like this really funny one I have of him wearing a black top hat. For the life of me, I can't find it right now to post it, but when I do, I will post it. Sometimes it just pops up on my screen saver and whenever I see it, it makes me laugh. Other times, I'll see pics or think of him and I still cry. It's hard to lose someone close to you whom you see almost every day. But I know God is taking care of him until the day I see him again.


I took some pretty flowers to his grave today and watered the ones there. See the silver sturgeon fish there? Dennis put that there a few months ago. My dad loved to fish.




These are the last photos I have of my dad. We took them in the last 2 weeks of his life while we all visited and sat by his side. I haven't shared these before, it's just been too hard. But now seeing his grandkids and great grandkids all surrounded around him, reminds me of the love they shared for him.

Me and Dennis sharing our last moments with my dad.
This is a great picture! My dad again, surrounded by grandkids and great grandkids. I think this was taken about 4 years ago.
Here they are all being goofy. I don't think Gabe and Emelie wanted their picture taken that day....LOL
Those are the memories I have with my dad over the past few years that we lived close by. I still think of him often, cry and laugh, but I'll always remember how much he loved his kids and grandkids. I know we meant the world to him, and him to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Robin...your post just brought me to tears. I lost my Dad 7 months ago, so I know exactly how you feel. I have a pic of my dad in my living room, It's one from last year on his birthday where he is covered in cake after the grandkids attacked him with their fingers...makes me smile when I see his smiling face...he seemed so happy...